In order to obtain a class 1 driver’s license, you will need to first apply for a learners permit for that class. Only with a valid learners permit you can join a driving school and learn how to drive a Motorcycle. Below are the procedures that you need to follow in order to successfully apply for a learners permit.
Pre – requisites (Prior Condition before Application)
- Your age should be greater than equal to 16 years and 6 months.
- All your Traffic Infringement Notices must be cleared.
Checklists (What to bring)
- Take with you your original birth certificate.
- Proof of Tax Identification Number.
- Valid Proof of ID.
|Learners Permit Card
- Fill in the application form (you can get this form online or at LTA’s office). Click here
- Submit the application form together with the checklist (as mentioned above) to the Customer Service Officer (CSO).
- Once the CSO has updated your application in the system, you will need to pay the application fees.
- After paying your application fees you will need to pass the oral/theory test conducted by a driving examiner.
- If you fail, then you will need to redo the test by paying the application fees again.
- If you pass, then you will need to come back to the CSO counter and pay your fees for the Learners permit card, Work book and Curriculum.
- After the payment is done, you will need to go to the card printing officer to get your card printed.