In order to obtain a Full Driver’s License for Class 3, you will need to first apply for a learners permit for that class. Only with a valid learners permit you can join a driving school and learn how to drive a taxi or hire. Below are the procedures that you need to follow in order to successfully apply for a learners permit.
Pre – requisites (Prior Condition before Application)
- Your age should be greater than equal to 21 years.
- You must have a valid full class 2 Licence.
- Must have police clearance.
- All your convicted Traffic Infringement Notices should be cleared.
Checklists (What to bring)
- Birth certificate.
- Valid Class 2
- Proof of Tax Identification Number.
- Valid Proof of ID.
- 1 Passport size photo
||Police Vetting Fee
||Learners Permit Application
||Issue of learners permit
||Issue of psv licence $32.22 on a valid licence
||If licence valid for more than one year then pay $6.63 for each year.
- Fill in the application form (you can get this form online or at LTA’s office). Click here
- Submit the application form together with the checklist (as mentioned above) to the Customer Service Officer (CSO).
- Once the CSO has updated your application in the system, you will need to pay the application fees.
- After you have paid the application fees and you have got your receipt, your application will go for police vetting.
- After police vetting your application will be sent to the Team Leader for approval.
- If the Team Leader approves your application you will be given an approval letter by TL,
- After Team Leaders approval you will need to sit for an oral test exam.
- If you Pass the oral test exam, then you will need to come back to the CSO counter and pay your fees for the reprint of License card and Issuance of PSV Badge.
- After the payment is done, you need to go to the card printing officer to get your card printed.