In order to obtain a class 7 driver’s license, you will need to first apply for a learners permit for that class. Only with a valid learners permit you can join a driving school and learn how to drive an Articulated Vehicle. Below are the procedures that you need to follow in order to successfully apply for a learners permit.
Pre – requisites (Prior Condition before Application)
- Your age should be greater than equal to 21 years.
- You must have a valid Class 5 or 6 license for more than 1 year.
- All your Traffic Infringement Notices must be cleared.
Checklists (What to bring)
- Original birth certificate.
- Valid Class 5 or 6 License.
- Proof of Tax Identification Number.
- Valid Proof of ID.
||Printing of License Card
- Fill in the application form (you can get this form online or at LTA’s office). Click here
- Submit the application form together with the checklist (as mentioned above) to the Customer Service Officer (CSO).
- Once the CSO has updated your application in the system, you will need to pay theapplication fees.
- After you have paid the application fees and you have got your receipt, you need to pass the Oral/Theory Test
- If you Fail the Oral/Theory Test, you can pay the application fees again to the CSO and re-do the test.
- If you Pass the Oral/Theory Test, then you will need to come back to the CSO counter and pay your fees for the Driver’s License card.
- After the payment is done, you need to go to the card printing officer to get your card printed.