If your learners permit has got expired, you can always renew it in order to learn how to drive and take the driving test. Land Transport Authority renews Learner’s permit if it is expired. You will have to undergo certain procedures to renew the learner’s permit. You should produce the evidence that you have undergone at least one driving test or a request letter for renewal of learner’s permit if no evidence of undergoing a driving test is produced.
Pre – requisites (Prior Condition before Application)
- Your learners permit should be expired.
Checklists (What to bring)
- You need to write a letter to the Authority requesting to renew the Learners Permit.
||Learners Permit renewal for all classes
- Fill in the application form (you can get this form online or at LTA’s office).
- Submit the application form together with the checklist (as mentioned above) to the Customer Service Officer (CSO).
- Once the CSO has updated your application in the system, you will need to pay the Fees.
- After you have paid the application fees and you have got your receipt, go to the card printing officer and take your learners permit card.
- Your renewed LP will be valid for another 1 year.
- If you have already applied for LP renewal once, you will not be able to do it the second time.
- If your LP is expired for more than 1 year, then you will need to apply for new one. Renewal cannot happen.