To get a RRL Permit, you will need to fulfill some conditions. Below is the process of how you can successfully get a RRL Permit.
Pre – requisites (Prior Condition before Applying)
- You should be a Fiji Citizen or hold dual citizenship
- Your Age should be greater than 21 years
- All Convicted TIN’s must be cleared.
- You should not be holder of 2 or more permits for individual or 10 permits for companies
Checklists (What to carry with you when at the Counter)
- Details of other business or association with the holder of any PSV permit, including sharing of stands and other facilities.(if applicable)
- FEA, Telephone or water bill for address
- Latest bank statement for last three months, Minimum bank balance to be sufficient to deposit for two omnibus.
- Business plan and cash flow for 12 months certified and stamped by qualified accountant.
- Completed Proposed timetable, routes to follow and fares to be charged.
- Recent Full Current medical report all directors.
- Population of the proposed area.
- For Limited Liability Company,
- Application form stamped with common seal and signed by 2 Directors
- Vehicle Quotation (if vehicle is to be purchased upon approval of permit)
- Trade in value of existing vehicle
- Supplementary inspection if the person has a vehicle.
- List of omnibus commitment if any RRL permit owned by the client.
- Details of other PSV operating from the proposed area
- Details of current permit held by applicant or immediate family member.
- If civil servant, obtain clearance letter from the Head of Department.
- Sketch map of the proposed route
- Police Clearance for all directors – need only the receipt (applicant must be advised that if they have any convictions, their application may not be successful)
- Letter from Immigration- Confirming Fiji Citizenship
- FRCA TIN Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Business License
- Bus Bay Approval from relevant Municipal Councils and Local Authority's.
- Photograph of standard office facility, garage, ramp, parking space and etc.
- Fill in the application form. Click here Your client ID needs to be created in the LTA’s system. You will than go for the interview. The CSO will check if you are eligible to apply for the PSV permit.
- If you pass the interview, you will receive the checklist. If you do not meet the requirements, then application will stop.
- The successful applicant then brings the checklist and submits it to the PSV CSO for the first verification.
- If not successful, the applicant is informed about the flaws in the application
- If successful,
- i. The application is sent to the PSV T/L for the second verification
- Upon successful verification, the applicant is given a newspaper advertisement to be advertise in the daily newspaper and bring back the cutting of the advertisement to the LTA.
- LTA will then wait for 14 days to see if any person supports or objects the application.
- After this, your application will travel through the approval process
- If your application is rejected, you will be advised. LTA will give you a rejection letter
- If your application is approved, you will need to register a vehicle before 3 months.
Summary Workflow for all types of permit.