To change the class of a private vehicle to commercial and vice versa, see the following procedures
Pre – requisites (Prior Condition before Application)
- Pay all your convicted TINs.
- Vehicle should not have any current defect.
- If vehicle has defects, pay the defects, clear the defects.
- Financial Interest should be cleared (If any), or arrangements made.
Checklists (What to bring)
- Write a Request Letter to the Authority that you want to change the class and the reason.
- Filled application form.
- Valid third party policy
||Issuance of Inspection certificate
||New Registration certificate
||Change of class
- Fill in the change of class form (you can get this form online or at LTA’s office or online.
- Submit the application form together with request letter to the Customer Service Officer. (CSO)
- Your application will then travel to the senior vehicle examiner and the regional manager for approval.
- If your application is approved, the CSO will issue you with a 3rd party amendment letter where you need to go and change the 3rd party and make it commercial or private.
- Bring back the amendment 3rd party to the CSO and pay the inspection fees. Fees 1 above.
- Take your vehicle to the vehicle examiner for inspection. If the inspection is passed, examiner will tell you to go to the CSO and pay the fees.
- You will queue again at the CSO’s counter and pay the Issuance of Inspection certificate, Registration certificate and change of class fees.
- CSO will give you a new Registration certificate. The vehicle class will be changed.