To register a brand new vehicle, you will need to fulfill some conditions. Below is the process of how you can successfully do a new registration
Pre – requisites
- Applicant(s) to be client in the system.
- The cancellation certificate from the country of origin (only for Second Hand Vehicle registration).
- Translation of cancellation certificate if not in English
- Bill of lading with chasis number and stamp
- Customs entry document with chasis number and FRCA stamp
- Specifications document(For all class of vehicles and machinery )
- For limited liability companies-Memorandum and article Of Association.
- Sole trader –Extract of particulars of registration (registration of companies for sole- trader only.) Form 9 to specify the details of the owner
- Company registration certificate with the director’s name & signatories.
(The above applies if client/vehicle owner has not registered a vehicle under the company name)
||First registration application fee
||Issue of New number plate
||Fitting of number plate
- No two vehicles can have the same Engine # and Chassis # (Engine # can be re-used with modification as approved.)
- System should alert if an individual is importing more than two vehicles within 5 years.
- System should allow these exceptions for running number plates: 1 alphabet followed by maximum of 4 numeric, 2 alphabets followed by maximum of 3 numeric.
- For taxis, it should be “LT” followed by maximum of 4 numeric.
- For Minivan, it should be “LM” followed by maximum of 4 numeric.
- For Rural Services, it should be “RSL” followed by maximum of 3 numeric.
- For Carriers, it should be LC followed by maximum of 4 numeric.
- For Hire, it should be LH followed by 4 numeric.
- For LT, once it reaches LT9999, move to LT 10000.
- All above numbers should have a provision to get extended by 1 numeric value.
- For brand new private vehicles, system should exempt them from annual registration fees for 3 years.
- If a vehicle is not reserved with a number plate then the running number options will be shown in a dropdown based on the office allocations.
- All vehicles (Private, commercial, government, diplomats, PSV) should be assigned with a running number before allocation of government/ unique/ psv/ diplomatic number.
- Allocation of running number is mandatory before accepting the first registration fees.
- Only Government vehicles are exempted from all fees.
- NGO’s are exempted from all road levy fees.
- Diplomat and Diplomatic Organization are exempted according to the schedule.