To register a Locally Assembled Vehicle, you will need to fulfill some conditions. Below is the process of how you can successfully register a Locally Assembled Vehicle.
Pre – requisites (Prior Condition before Application)
- Your client ID must be created in the system.
Checklists (What to carry with you when at the Counter)
- If you are not a client in LTA, then carry the following:
- Take with you your original birth certificate.
- TIN Letter (From FRCA).
- ID Card.
- Specifications document(For Machinery and heavy goods.)
- If you are a company,
- the Memorandum and Article of Association.
- Company’s registration certificate with director’s name and signatories.
||Application Fees for first registration
||Issue of new Number Plate
||Fitting of Number Plate
||Issuance of Inspection certificate
||Annual Registration ranging from
||$43.60 - $328.42 depending on the size of engine
||Road User Levy ranging from
||$3.79 - $109.00 depending on the size of engine
- Fill in the application form (you can get this form online or at LTA’s office.)
- Submit the application form together with the checklist (as mentioned above) to the Customer Service Officer. (CSO)
- Once the CSO has updated your application in the system, you will need to pay the fees 1-4 above.
- After you have paid the application fees, 3rd party updated and you have got your receipt, you will need to take your vehicle for inspection. LTA’s approved vehicle examiner will examine your vehicle and enter the result in their system. If inspection is failed, the Vehicle examiner will issue you the defect form. You will need to fix the defects, pay for inspection again and re-do the inspection.
- If the inspection is passed, then you will once again come back to the CSO and pay fees 5-7 above.
- You will receive your number plate and registration certificate.