You should have a permit to drive un-registered vehicle if you intend to register your vehicle. This will assure you that you are not driving your un-registered vehicle illegally. Another time that you should get a permit to drive is when your vehicle registration is expired and you are intending to drive it from one point to the other.
Below are the procedures on how to get a permit to drive unregistered vehicle.
Pre – requisites (Prior Condition before Application)
- Vehicle 3rd Party should be valid.
- The permit is only issue for taking vehicle to a garage for repair OR to LTA for inspection
Checklists (What to bring)
- Carry with you the updated 3rd party if not already in LTA’s system.
||Permit to Drive Fees
- Produce the valid third party to the CSO
- Once the CSO has updated your third party in the system, you will need to pay the fees above.
- After you have paid the application fees, you got your receipt, CSO will issue you the Permit.
- If your vehicle is driven outside the district, then approval will be given from vehicle examiner, that means, you will first need to take your vehicle to the VE and then come back to the CSO to take your permit.