If you intend to buy a vehicle for which you want a particular number plate that is still not in the current series, you may apply to reserve the number.
For example, current series is IF001-IF999. You want a Number which is IG007. You may apply to reserve this number. However, it will not be issued until we have reached the sequence.
Pre – requisites (Prior Condition before Application)
- You must already have your record with LTA. If not, you may apply for the creation of your record at any LTA Office for the prupose of reserving a number plate.
Checklists (What to bring)
- A request letter stating the plate number you want.
||Number Plate Reservation Fees
- Present application letter over the counter at any LTA Office.
- CSO accepts request letter and check is requested number is available. If number is available, accepts fees and reserve number.
- TL issue approval letter confirming reservation of number.
- Vehicle will be registered and reserved number utilised and issued once the reserved series is reached.
- The reserved number must be utilised within 3 months. You may lose the number if vehicle is not registered within 3 months.