You can easily transfer your vehicle to another Person. Below are the procedures you will need to follow in order to transfer your vehicle:
Pre – requisites (Prior Condition before Application)
- The Transferee ID should be created in the LTA’s database.
- New buyer to clear all fines.
- Vehicle that is being transferred should not have any current defect.
- If vehicle has defects, pay the defects, clear the defects.
- Financial Interest should be cleared. (If any)
Checklists (What to bring)
- Transferred 3rd party insurance under transferee’s name.
- Filled application form.
- Take out the registration sticker from the car and surrender to the CSO.
- Police report and declaration if number plate is lost.
- Bill of Sale to be cleared.
||New Registration certificate
|| Stamp Duty
||3% to be payable on purchase price
- Fill in the Transfer form (you can get this form online or at LTA’s office.) Click here
- Submit the application form together with the checklist (as mentioned above) to the Customer Service Officer.(CSO)
- CSO will update the system with the new owner.
- The new owner will receive your registration certificate.