In order to apply for unique number plate, you will need to fulfill some conditions. Below is the process of how you can successfully apply for a unique number plate.
Pre – requisites (Prior Condition before Application)
- Registration of the vehicle must be valid.
- All outstanding TIN’s must be cleared.
Checklists (What to bring)
- Completed application Form for Unique Number Plate.
- Amended Third Party Policy (Only after you have received your approval letter.)
- A letter explaining the meaning of combination chosen.
||Application Fees for Unique Number Plate if private vehicle
||Application Fees for Unique Number Plate if PSV vehicle
||Application Fees for Unique Number Plate if commercial vehicle
||Amendment of Records
|| $ 8.53
||Unique Number Plate
||Fitting of Number Plate
- Fill in the application form (you can get this form online or at LTA’s office. Click here
- Submit the application form together with the checklist (as mentioned above) to any LTA Office.
- The Customer Service Officer checks application, verify and register application.
- Application for unique number plate will be given to the Team Leader for review.
- After the Team Leader has reviewed and verified your application, your application will be forwarded to the Regional Manager for final approval.
- Once the RM approves your application for unique number plate, you will then be given an approval letter from LTA stating that your application for unique number plate is approved.
- You will then be required to pay for the Unique number plate.
- You will need to go to your respective third party policy insurer and have your TPP amended.
- The Unique number plate will be ordered for printing by the CSO.After you have got your TPP amended you come back to the CSO, together with your amended TPP, surrender running number plate, and the current registration label.
- The system is updated tand you will be issued with unique number plate, new regiistration label.
- Printing of unique number plates will take a day in Valelevu and more than 1 day if ordered from outside district offices.