Defensive Driving is essentially driving in a manner that utilizes safe driving tactics to enables drivers to address identified dangers in a predictable manner. These approaches go well beyond instruction on basic traffic laws and procedures.
With defensive driving classes, learners learn to improve their driving skills by reducing their driving risks by anticipating situations and making safe well-informed decisions. Such judgments are implemented based on road and environmental conditions present when completing a safe driving maneuver.
Moreover, having a DDC certificate in Fiji is mandatory for applying for a Full license. Follow the below instructions in order to book a DDC appointment successfully.
Pre – requisites (Prior Condition before Application)
- If you are applying for a Level 1 DDC, which is for Private cars, then
- You will need to hold a valid Learners Permit or.
- A valid provisional License.
- If you are applying for a Level 2 DDC (PSV Cars), then
- You will need to hold a Full class 2 license or.
- Learners Permit for class 3, 4 or 5 license.
Checklists (What to carry with you when at the Counter)
- Take with you your license card to the CSO.
||Level 1 DDC
||Level 2 DDC
- Go directly to the CSO. You will not be required to fill in any form.
- Advise the CSO that you want to book for a DDC.
- Advise the date to the CSO.
- Pay the fees and the CSO will give you the receipt.
- On the receipt the date of DDC will be written.